I am so excited for this year! And not just because I am getting married – although that definitely is the most exciting part – but also because I have so many goals and dreams for this upcoming year. I’ve never been one to stick to New Year’s resolutions so I figure I’ll write them out and then maybe that will convince me to be accountable.
- GET MARRIED! I mean of course this had to be number one. I cannot wait to marry Nick. We’ve been together for five years and I have known for a very long time that he was the one I was going to marry. I can’t even begin to describe how excited I am for the day to come.
- Not break the bank while doing so… Man, oh man. I did not expect weddings to cost as much as they do. Nick and I dove into wedding planning with a small budget in mind. We’ve done our best to keep costs as low as we can by planning an intimate wedding with a small guest list and cutting corners as much as possible. Well. Let me tell you, everything costs way more than you think it does. We started out with one budget and it has slowly had to expand with the cost of everything. If anyone has any advice on how to not break the bank and do a cheap wedding, I’m all ears.
- Go to Europe. This is a lifelong dream of mine. I’ve never been to Europe but this year, it’s finally going to happen! I’ve always been fascinated with the gorgeous architecture and vast history of the cities. I love that there are so many different cultures and landscapes to be explored. I’ve recently decided that I need to make travel more of a priority while I’m young and able. I can’t wait to get out there and see some new places!
- Write two blog posts a week. I obviously love writing so I’m hoping that this will be an easy one to stick to. Even through the busy times of the year, I want to write about it and share it. Starting this blog has been such an exciting creative outlet for me and it makes me so happy to be passionate about a hobby again. I don’t want to let this fade away or be forgotten over time so I’m giving myself a goal to follow.
- Get involved at church. And I don’t mean just go every Sunday. With my job, it can be a little difficult to go every week since I work weekends. However, I don’t want to let that deter me from getting more involved in other ways. For awhile now I’ve been thinking about joining a life group or Bible study. It would be a great way to find a church community and also strengthen my relationship with God. This year, I’m going to put that in motion and get more involved.
- Read one book a month. This was a goal of 2018 that did not happen. In fact, I think I only finished one book. While I know that sounds insane, hear me out: I am super picky. I pick up books all the time and attempt to finish them but I can’t. I like fast paced unique stories and characters and if the book doesn’t immediately grab my attention, I drag my feet through a few chapters before finally closing it for good. It’s a problem. So I started many books in 2018 but never made it to the end. This year, I am going to stick to genres and authors that I know I like and finish one book a month.
- Get in shape/lose weight. So this one is tricky for me. I’m not going to pretend that losing a few pounds wouldn’t make me happy but what I mostly would like would be to get in shape. I am fully aware that muscle weighs more than fat, so toning up may not mean losing weight. I have been working out almost everyday and eating healthier and so far it’s working! I would like to tone up by the wedding and stick to the working out and eating healthy. I figure if I start now, I can make it a habit that I will hopefully stick to after the big day.
- Eat more vegetables. This goes with the one above but I really need it. I wouldn’t say that I ate terrible before starting to work out again but I definitely did not eat the healthiest either. I am not a vegetable fan and never have been. It has always been a struggle for me to make myself eat them as an adult. Luckily, I’ve learned ways that I can mix them in with other foods to make sure that I am getting enough. I’m going to keep up with this so that I can not only have better nutrition but stay in shape as well.
So there they are. My 2019 goals. A year from now, I’m going to look at these and see how I did. I’m sure, like most things, they will change but for now those are my biggest goals. I can’t wait for what this year holds and I am so excited for all the new life changes and experiences coming up.